Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» Bålthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi

Impertious - Holy Paladin

5 posters

:: Public :: Recruiting

Go down

Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty Impertious - Holy Paladin

Post  thermals 23/8/2012, 05:25

Personal information;
Name: Jake

How long have i been playing WoW?

Total time played: 95 days, 15 hours, 33 minutes, 4 seconds
Time played this level: 38 days, 11 hours, 45 minutes, 2 seconds

I have been playing WoW for roughly 3 years. However i did start WoW at the start of TBC however back then i was a 13 year old kid, which meant i got bored of games quite easily and quit WoW quite a lot and focused on other games such as Cod at the time. Instead of focusing on my main which was my warrior at the time.

My played may not be huge but i believe i can play a holy paladin pretty well even with the limited amount of time i've had to really look into a holy paladin in depth. If you'd like a recommendation i am able to give you one from the guild i raided wit has a social Sons of Liches, their officer Zacharie or Avernia wouldn't mind giving you a recommendation. Also my old GM of Arbetsförmedlingen Smúrfén said he also wouldn't mind giving me a recommendation.

What is my prior guild history?

started out by leveling a warrior on the server Aszune, but once i reached lvl 70 i got bored and quit the game for around 1 year, i then came back started raiding naxx, but the server was dead, so i decided to transfer to magtheridon around Ulduar time, i started playing in ulduar as a protection tank, pugging mostly, i joined a few guilds like, Eminence, booterang, underdogs, then i quit half way through for around 2 months untill Toc came out, then i started tanking again, i got in to a guild with a friend and we took down togc 10 since we were mainly a 10 man guild, but the guild disbanded and i slowly stopped playing again, then i started playing again in icc 25 never found a good guild since the server was dead, like aszune, so i decided to level a paladin up, i joined a newly formed guild called Anxiety, but soon left with half of the other guild members since the leader vanished, and the officers didnt take over untill he came back, then i applied to a guild called, Unforgettable, and got accepted. But this guild was fairly dead due to " summer " and the server was also dead aswell, so i decided to transfer to Twisting nether, i applied to the guild called vanquished, but since their, officer tank was coming back, and there was a few healers, ( paladins" i decided to apply to rising sun, which i withdraw after a while, since i don't really like some of the peopl in their guild =< so for a few weeks i've been on he hunt for a new guild, while pugging with retards from this server =( " not enjoying pugging at all."

Reason for leaving my current guild: My most recent guild, i got removed for applying to rising sun, i think. After that i joined bushido, after a while i got kicked due to there being two paladins trying to get the spot and i was still new to healing, i then joined safari, but i got asked to rejoin bushido again since they were missing a holy paladin i rejoined bushido leaving gigaly behide =( but after a few month the guild master was having one of his childish fits , and as a joke i called him a paper tank and he kicked me, and after that i gave up with all the ninjas on the game and took a break then i joined extinction and then left a few weeks afterwards I was in the guild Audacity which i am a casual in at the moment, after being in the guild for a month, and not seeing any progression of any sort, since they guild has been trying to get a 25 man running for a long time now and has no luck due to people going casual and leaving, i figured it would be best to leave now since i want to raid in a 25 man community for firelands and not be stuck in a 10 man raid group which isn't a solid raiding setup that is just random people that are going to make up a 25 man I transfered to this server a little over 2 days ago so i'm still new in aspects to this server and don't know any decent guilds, or people on this server. Joined the guild Arbetsförmedlingen which is a swedish speaking guild after a few weeks, i decided to leave because they kept forgetting i was english speaking only and forgot to tell me who they wanted to heal and other things and was getting boring after a while since they mostly spoke swedish during raids they are nice people i enjoyed raiding with them but i decided i could do this for the entire span of MoP, Then i joined the guild Sons of liches as a social helped them out when they were missing a healer got 8 hc pugged 8 hc for a week, joined Farmhouse as a social and took 2 weeks off now i'm back and ready to raid!

What is my past raid experience (Classic, TBC, WOTLK and Cata)

Toc 5/5 normal cleared Samdog
Toc 5/5 hc 10 insanity samdog forgot name of the guild. 04/11/2009
Impertious started ICC
Icc 10 11/12 hc
ICC 25 11/12 hc cleared with Bushido guild killed 12/12 hc on a fluke was ill during the kill.
RS 10 hc killed Bushido lvl 80

BWD normal 6/6
Bot normal 4/4
Tot4w normal 2/2
Bwd heroic 4/6
Magmaw
Maloriak
Chimaeron
Atramedes
Bot heroic 2/4
Halfus
Valiona
This was with the guild Audacity however we didn't try anything solid because the guild was suppose to be going 25 man but people kept leaving so we couldn't raid properly because we had like 19 people for 10 man... a lot of switching happened.
Couldn't find a guild during firelands so took a break until some spots opened up but time went past and exams started coming into the picture so decided not to come back until DS

Those are the raids i did or attempted to do that the current level that was available.
DS 10 normal 8/8
DS 10 heroic 8/8 07/05/12
Didn't start raiding properly in DS until 3/4 of the way through..

My character:

Blood elf Holy paladin

My Race is Blood Elf over tauren just because of the racial i get as a bloodelf which gives me roughly 2% mana back, i don't have problems surviving so i don't need the increased base HP however the mana regen would be better for me.I have decided to go with the 33/5/3 Holy, this is the holy talent build. Which suits me much better than the other Holy paladin builds which focus more on on judgement or movement speed. A reason for my choice of this build is because WoG is a solid spell in my rotation whenever there is no aoe healing needed i use WoG as much as possible since it doesn't cost me any mana. And to go with this talent build i've gone with lavawalker on my boots for the slight movement speed so i can try to get out of harms way as quickly as possible to continue with my healing.

My stat priority would be something like this Int>spirit>haste>mastery> However i value haste and mastery on the same level however, due to the fact that its almost time for MoP i don't see the need to change to mastery for a month, when haste does me just fine at the moment. And i'm sure the stat prioity will change drasatically during MoP with the removal of Int as a increased stat. These are just a few of my most used rotations healing wise.

Heavy single target damage Divine light:Holy shock:divine light: holy shock:divine light holy shock: WoG
Heavy damange aoe is more like Divine favor: Holy radiance spam and LoD every 3 stacks of holy power.
Light damage is more Holy light : holy shock : WoG to save mana

My current keybindings are

Keybinds:
GotAK-F4
Divine favor-F2
Avenging wrath- F3
Divine protection- G
Judgement-F
Aura mastery- H
Hand of salvation-z
Trinket-/
Divine plea-T
Arcane torrent- 0
LoD-F1

Here is a list of addons i find useful to me:

ELVUI, DBM, CLCBPT, RSA are probably the only addons i couldn't live without ELVUI for the nice structure to my raid UI making it easier for me to find my spells and see who i'm healing, DBM for the raid shoutouts and many more. CLCBPT AND RSA for cooldowns and other things. These are mainly the only addons i actually use don't need that many to heal to be honest these work just fine for me.

A screenshot of my current UI:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125052522-4.jpg

WoL:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/lllg2p4pl4pgd6cj/analyze/hd/source/?s=566&e=686
Not my best raid ever, however it is a WoL nonetheless

My current talent build:

this is the holy talent build. Which suits me much better than the other Holy paladin builds which focus more on on judgement or movement speed. A reason for my choice of this build is because WoG is a solid spell in my rotation whenever there is no aoe healing needed i use WoG as much as possible since it doesn't cost me any mana. And to go with this talent build i've gone with lavawalker on my boots for the slight movement speed so i can try to get out of harms way as quickly as possible to continue with my healing.

My role in a raid:

I think Paladins in general are a solid raiding class with multiple choices like a druid.
Good aoe and single target tanking
Very good SIngle target burst damage
However in my personal view which puts the icing on the cake would have to be a solid holy paladin. Which are both strong at single target healing, and also supportive raid healing. I wouldn't go as far as to say they;re the backbone of a raid when maybe guilds can still manage to clear content without the help of a holy paladin. However they're a strong choice when choosing the best healing setup. With their strong dependable heals such as divine light and the clinch spell Lay of hands to help them out of dire situations, and with their arsenal of cool downs to help them out in a pinch. Holy paladin would be one of the better choices when raiding high end.

My Mains armory:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Impertious/advanced

My alts:

I have a 6/8 hc savior arms warrior which used to be my main
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... g/advanced
I also have a 399 5/8 hc fire/arcane mage
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... k/advanced

What do i expect from you, and what can you expect from me?

We'll of course i am aiming to join the higher end raiding community who are willing and focused to finish the tier at the top of the table. Being world first, server first or even in the top 10 guilds of the server. To even aim that high having a high attendance is a must so among all things i would be asking that the guild's attendance is very high like mine would be. To be honest i don't really want to ask for much because i feel like i'm being to arrogant.

However what you can get from me is...A holy paladin who has been playing for a few years now so i have quite a bit of experience however i will admit i'm not the best holy paladin i'm probably about average. But i'm sure i'll improve more when i obtain more experience as a holy paladin. Another reason would be, I am in a raiding environment i literally only play this game to raid, i don't pvp so i'm quite dedicated to raiding since it's the only thing i do when i play this game.

Do i have a working Mic, do you have Vent/TS and am i able to use my mic?

Yes i do have a working mic, vent, TS and i can use them in raid whenever needed to.

Am i in control of my time?

Yes i am in full control of my time i can raid, make my food and sleep whenever i want to.

Am i willing to farm gear, consumables and other things outside of raid time to be ready for the next raid?

Ofcourse i can, i can't expect to clear high end raid content if i don't even put the effort in to get myself ready to raid.
I would like to thank you for taking the time out to raid my application, i wish you the best of luck in MoP.

Last edited by thermals on 23/8/2012, 22:46; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Making it slightly clearer to read)

thermals

Back to top Go down

Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty Re: Impertious - Holy Paladin

Post  Arch 23/8/2012, 22:19

Quick question: You've been playing for roughly 3 years, started when your 13 and are now 18...? Either you you didn't include the breaks you took in the 3 years or you've got a time machine Razz

Good points:
You took the time and effort on your application
Cleared current content
Logs look good but i'll leave that to the actual healers to comment on
Nice UI, clearly put the time and effort into it

Bad Points:
Referring to yourself as 'average' shows a lack of confidence and conviction. While it's not a major point it does make me question whether you are on the level of play that they are looking for, because if they're looking for some of the best players around and you don't even think you're one an amazing player then how are they to think that?

While they plan to be very high in the rankings they also plan to keep it relaxed and not on a massively intensive/straining raid schedule starting at 3 nights a week then dropping down to 2 nights per week, so bare this in mind incase you want to raid a lot more, i only say this because of what you put in the 'Expect from the guild' bit.

How long have you been playing Holy? You say you haven't played it long but you've got 38 days played at 85 so did you recently respec or do you consider 38 days played as not very long?

You appear to have taken a lot of breaks in the past. Is this something you're likely to do again? (You can be honest here, every one takes a break from time to time)

There was something that popped in my head.... and then went so i can't remember it! So never mind.

I don't raid anymore so don't take my questions too much to heart, but this is most likely what they will follow up with. All the best.

Arch

Back to top Go down

Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty +)

Post  thermals 23/8/2012, 22:42

Hehe, thank you f or taking the time out to reply to my application.

And yes the 3 years i've played are not including the breaks i've had. If i include the breaks i've beeen playing the game for over 5 years now. When i was younger like i've stated i tend to get bored of the game and was more focused on playing COD with my friends from school. However COD now bores the life out of me and the only game i currently play would be WoW , so as long as i find a stable guild i don't play to take anymore breaks from WoW.

I'm going to skip the good points and get straight into the bad points instead.

The reason why i decided to rate myself as average is because a lot of people get annoyed when i get big headed and i don't want to happen when applying to a new guild. But if i'm truthly honest my level of play with a holy paladin i myself would consider it to be fairly high. But i don't want to be geting big headed and going over the top saying i'm the best in the world.

And yes i don't consider 38 days playing at lvl 85 long at all when a lot of the other paladins have probably been playing 50+ days this expansion afterall it's been out over almost 2 years now. Also i don't considering myself a long time vetern on a holy paladin since i only started playing mid way through ICC. There has been paladins playing since TBC, hence why i don't i don't think i've played Holy paladin for that long compared to those people.

The only reason i've taken breaks off in the place was when i was unable to find a stable guild or a guild recruiting my class at that time. So i decided to take a break off for a while focus on other things then come back later on when guilds might be recruiting.

thermals

Back to top Go down

Post  Witweed 23/8/2012, 22:50

I like how indepth this app is, it has the important information that so many people miss out. From a very brief skim, best app i've seen in a long long time.

As such i need to find enough time to actually read it, so i'll get back to you.

Witweed

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch 23/8/2012, 22:51

Good reply. Understandable about the breaks. And CoD is boring as shit.

Play time isn't a massive indication of skill, for instance i've only got 37 days played on my Warlock, which i started playing at the end of TBC, so less played over a longer window of time than yourself but i was one of the top 10 ranked Affliction Warlocks in the World.

Witweed will no doubt tear your World of Logs to shreds and be able to give a much better idea of what skill level your playing at. I also am not entirely sure what state of recruitment they're at when it comes to healers. Last i remember they have a Priest, Druid and Shaman healer who all have pretty much 100% attendance but this could of changed for all i know.

But never the less you took critique well and came back with a proper response which always goes in your favour.

Arch

Back to top Go down

Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty a

Post  thermals 23/8/2012, 22:57

Thank you for the positive reply Witweed, and i hope you enjoy reading my applications.

To arch

Yes i know play time isn't a huge deal when playing a class but it does help you to understand the class you're playing slightly better.

Also my the log i've posted probably wasn't my best performace ever, so i'm going to try to get a new Log this week and compare it to the one i've posted and see which one is better.

thermals

Back to top Go down

Post  KJELSRUD 24/8/2012, 01:37

Nice information. Could probably do some formating to make it look abit better tho Razz

As its been said. We have 3 healers currently. But maybe we can do some rotation on current roles. Not all is set yet for mop.

Anyway Wit is the heal boss. So we will leave this up to him Razz

KJELSRUD

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 24/8/2012, 01:55

KJELSRUD wrote:
Anyway Wit is the heal boss. So we will leave this up to him Razz
Arch wrote:
Witweed will no doubt tear your World of Logs to shreds and be able to give a much better idea of what skill level your playing at..

We dont call him a dickhead for nothing, but its usually a good idea to listen to what he has to say. And he is very passionate about making people feel better... or atleast one would assume its the role of the healer.

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Impertious - Holy Paladin  Empty xD

Post  thermals 24/8/2012, 02:02

Haha, thank you for the comment Kjelsrud however the reason my application is kind of bland is because i seriously lack artisic out-lining.... xD so i tend to just leave stuff as bland as possible.

Haha i see, i cannot wait for Wit's view on my application then. Thank you for posting a comment.

thermals

Back to top Go down

Post  Witweed 25/8/2012, 05:17

I've read the whole app through now and have some time to comment.

Did you write this from scratch or copy a template (or the whole app) from somewhere else? I love the amount of information you have included and the important elements that many people overlook when making an application (keybindings, UI , logs and an explanation of your classes ability usage.) however the detail and explanations you use are often strange, inconsistent or incorrect. Lots of your answers contradict one another. For example you say you are aiming for a guild that is world first, or top 10 on kazzak (that itself is a huge difference) yet describe yourself as an average player?

Your application has elements from applying to a top guild, but also from applying to an average guild. It really feels like you have tried to mix them together and take some middle ground (focusing on being modest and extra polite over selling yourself being an important when applying to a low progress guild but a very bad move when applying to a guild like us.) Perhaps you should reconsider how you sell yourself, there is a difference from being big headed and being confident in your ability that can be expressed by using the right words. You are not the best paladin in the world, but if you honestly believe you are a better paladin/healer than anyone you have ever played with in your experience of the game then go right ahead and say that. You also seem to have trouble explaining your (correct) choices in your character development in a logical way.

I'm going to go ahead and be critical and only mention the negative points of the application. don't be offended by that i just want you to explain them (where applicable).

Firstly, your raid experience at top end seems to be minimal, your links to your alt's armouries do not work so i haven't checked them but i believe you haven't cleared any tiers of content whilst it was current (i'm not counting totc as the 10man version wasn't tuned as a top end raid) except dragon soul at 20% which, from what i can ascertain from your confusing explanation at this point, was that you were brought by a good progress guild that was already farming it for the kill. This isn't the end of the world, it does look like you only really came into your prime as a player recently.

Your keybindings do look slightly awkward, using '0' for arcane torrent seems strange. and i assume you mean '\' rather than '/' for your trinket? Your list of keybindings is also extremely limited.

Looking at your UI image, it's all well and good taking a picture of your buffs and frames standing doing nothing in dalaran, but i want to see how your timers look, how you track your procs, holy power, short buff durations but, by far most importantly i want to see your raid frames, does elvui have it's own raid frames or does it use a well known one? Any great healer from a top guild will tell you that raid frames are extremely important, and customising them to show you important information is unbelievably useful. One thing that is very disturbing is that it doesnt show bindings for most of your abilities some of the best abilities in the paladin arsenal that cannot efficiently be used by clicking like hand of protection, hand of freedom, hand of sacrifice, holy wrath, hammer of justice and exorcism.

At first glance your logs look fairly good, the other healers look very weak but since you didn't wipe on the more difficult bosses the run must have been very smooth, it's harder to tell about your ability when you aren't really being tested. You could certainly have pushed out more hps in your gear and i can see that you aren't using the downtime in the most efficient way, but i can also see that you didn't really need to. In this situation more logs would be better if you have them.

In conclusion, if we didnt have such a strong healing team already i would probably give you a trial straight away. But i think there are too many flaws in your raid experience, ui, keybindings, logs and knowledge for us to justify us rearranging our roster and trying to find a way to fit you in. I think you would definitely benefit from more experience raiding very challenging content and from advice from other good players. It was a tough decision but i don't think we can currently fit you in here as holy. I'm sure you will find a guild you will do well in though and wish you the best of luck with your other applications.

Witweed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down