Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
Looking for a new home Empty13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
Looking for a new home Empty9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
Looking for a new home Empty11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
Looking for a new home Empty9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» BĂ„lthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
Looking for a new home Empty7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
Looking for a new home Empty21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
Looking for a new home Empty20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
Looking for a new home Empty15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
Looking for a new home Empty10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi

Looking for a new home

4 posters

:: Public :: Recruiting

Go down

Looking for a new home Empty Looking for a new home

Post  Razzat 10/8/2012, 05:41

Hey all.

Where to begin......

First of all my name is Mat and I am from London, I am 28 and have been playing wow for around 5 years (started in TBC).

I am a Quantity Surveyor by day and a dad/partner/ wow player in the evenings Smile

I would like to start my wow CV by saying that I have 10 level 85 chars, all classes/specs covered along with all professions (sad I know).

I have raided with a few as my main over the past 5 years starting off my early years as a pala tank in a very casual guild called the Boogie Knights on Hellfire realm, not a great raiding guild but a hell of a lot of run and a good grounding to wow life.

I tanked kara and gruuls lair but we did not get much further that than.
Then WOTLK hit and I started tanking naxx, this was short lived however as I was sked to play mage as we had too many tanks, my GM then decided we need more mages and recruited far too many and so I was asked to play ele shammy towards the latter part of ulduar and finally, I got a bit fed up of being messed about so I left the guild and started raiding heroic modes with a guild called valorous on my mage, this lasted from the end of ulduar (hc mimiron pre nerf was my first raid - GULP!!) to TOGC - I stayed with them for about 4 months and then university hit and I had to stop raiding altogether, I went back to boogie knight for a better social atmosphere and eventually started raiding a little again in ICC, this was again on ele shammy!

Since then I have stopped pretty much due to uni commitments but did raid on and off with my priest (shadow MS / Disci OS). I still enjoyed the game so levelled a number of alts until I had all 10 at 85.

When CATA hit I pretty much just levelled chars and smashed dungeons lots and have been doing LFR and DS10 pugs, I have managed to ascertain 3 and 4/8 hc on 3 chars and have been faffing in the od DS10 pug on all other chars. Oh and I also became a dad, YAY!!!! lol

Anyways enough of boring you.

I am now looking for proper raiding again due to completion of UNI and ample free time in the evenings, I still have to juggle spending time with the family which is why I have applied to you guys, 2/3 nights a weeks is perfect for me and I would love to start smashing hard modes and clearing all current content. I have the skills, desire and commitment (I hardly ever missed a raid when I was properly raiding) to get the best out of myself and I know most classes/roles inside out of all chars in wow which helps alot in knowing what can and cannot be done.

I have a quick fast reliable computer and net connection and I dont think I have ever had a proper DC. I dont mind wiping and am happy to bring with me enough pots/flasks/food to feed an army. I have a good sense of humour and am very active when not raiding as I am trying to hit the magic 500k gold mark, dont ask why, a person goal!

Anyways, in terms of my potential place in your guild, I would like to bring with me all my chars, except my banks alts and be an active intricate part of the guild. I am happy to play any class/role you want me to and whatever I am selected for (if I get in) I will research and perfect my role.

At the mo my best geared chars are -

Warrior - Tegyr - Arms - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Tegyr/simple
Priest - Razzat - Shadow/Disci - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Razzat/simple
Druid - Resto/Cat dps - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Tyfoone/simple

As I say I am happy to play whatever is need in MOP.

I hope this is ok and if you need any more info please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks for taking the time to read this essay. Sorry if it is too long.

Cheers

Mat

Razzat

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new home Empty Re: Looking for a new home

Post  KJELSRUD 10/8/2012, 07:03

Nice apply. I'm warming up to this guy.
One thing that conserns me is his time. But if he can juggle it correctly thats fine.

Another thing is, he has little to non high end raid exp. a hc here and there doesnt really matter much. However if you are flexsible on class, and quick to master it. (Which I got the impression of from tha apply, I think we could give this guy a chance

Thoughts ?

KJELSRUD

Back to top Go down

Post  Razzat 10/8/2012, 07:12

in reply to the time comment - I can 100% commit to 2 nights a week, ill be about 75% for Sunday raids due to it being family time but it should be cool.

in terms of raid XP, yes cannot argue with that, however, now uni has finished I think I will quickly get to 8/8hc on 1 of my chars, most of the guilds are on a break atm so cannot get into guild raids and pugs dont seem to get further than 4/8 hc.

Razzat

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 10/8/2012, 08:46

Hi Mat

I have to agree that your experience is dragging down your application. However the rest of your application gives me the sense of two other important things. 1 good coms & 2 activity. These two points are something we cheerish. And if you can prove that the experience you have isnt in your way to push your char to the limit I see no reason why you wouldn't do well.

I would like to invite you for a mumble interview.
We are currently also on a summerbreak which ends next week but if you see me or Kjelsrud online throw us a w already this week.

Regards
Liv

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Witweed 10/8/2012, 08:53

One thing jumped out at me.

"(hc mimiron pre nerf was my first raid - GULP!!)"

Are you absolutly sure about that? Can you elaborate?

The first Mimiron nerf was in early june, very very few people killed it pre nerf (~ 40 wow guilds <0.1% of people raiding at that time.) I'm not presuming you actually killed it but it seems very unlikely your guild was progressing it. I have checked valourous on hellfire and i can see they have a very late date for their mimiron heroic kill (late TOTC) but the tier8 stuff seems inaccurate on wowprogress.

Looking at your armoury profiles i can see quite a few errors in your character optimisation, very bad reforging, enchanting and glyph decisions, and a lack of knowledge of class mechanics (albeit, possibly on alts.)

If you truely believe that you are at the level we asked for in our recruitment post i'm sure you will be able to convince us on mumble.

I apologise for being harsh, we judge our applicants harshly but we're all very friendly and sociable really, we just want to raid at a certain level.

Witweed

Back to top Go down

Post  Razzat 10/8/2012, 23:46

I am happy for you guys to be harsh, I dont want to promise you the world and the under deliver.

You are correct, my gemming/chanting/specs may not be perfect but for the past 6 or so months I have been finishing Uni and being a dad so I have just done basic tweaking to all chars to get them able to compete in pugs and what not.

I will also add that at this time I do not know all class mechanics like the back of my hand or the current heroic raid content (apart from the first 4/5 bosses).

As I say though I am willing to totally research any char that you would like me to play and when MOP hits I will devote all my time to that char and make it as near perfect as I am able.

Any comments or *constructive* critisicm is always good to hear.

I currently run vent so will install mumble tonight and see if I can grab someone when they are online.

Fingers crossed all will go well.

Mat

Razzat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Public :: Recruiting

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum