Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» Bålthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi

Leero - Rogue Applicant

5 posters

:: Public :: Recruiting

Go down

Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty Leero - Rogue Applicant

Post  Leero 20/11/2012, 12:04

Heya Core Crew. My first time writing an application without any pamphlets or forms, which is kinda exciting!
Anyways, I will try to not make it too long that I bore you to death. Also I apologize in advance for any typos - just got home from a rough day at work and the gym.

About me: My name is Oscar, a 21 year old dude currently living in Jönköping, Sweden. The location of DreamHack if any LAN-fantast wonders. I'm currently working part-time at the swedish, state/countryowned liquorstore Systembolaget. In my spare time I like to go bananas at the club, DJ, hang out with friends, work out, music & media in general, and ofcourse, I love to play computergames.

My eSport-career escalated pretty quick when I started playing DotA and Heroes of Newerth (DotA-replica). I found the game very interesting and started to get better and better. I've been at DreamHack various time competing for cash and gear prices, I've made about 40,000 SEK (Swedish Krona) out of playing Heroes of Newerth - and all the gear I'm currently using is from playing HoN. At one point I was considered one of the best players in the world which is kinda cool - as we won a BO3 series during the NASL-(North America Star League)finals in HoN. And I was unofficially crowned MVP during the series, woho. During this time I was sponsored by Lions eSportsklubb which had partnerships with Qpad amongst others (this is the gear I'm using).

Why am I telling you this? Core Crew is a top notch guild, and I bet you don't want any retards in the guild - and I'm not one of those. When you play at a top level in a MOBA game it requires certain amount of brain. But basically - I'm a pro gamer, and that goes for WoW too, mwhaha!

Moving on to the next topic!

My WoW-career: Unfortunately this isn't HoN so I can't woop all of your asses! Nah just kidding. I will do some split up parts since I've played since Closed Beta :3

Beta/Vanilla part: I played Rogue 100% of the time during Vanilla. The game was released February 2005 which means I was 14 years old. My 6 year old brother played for a very very famous guild on Stormscale-EU, Mannel Bois - which merged into Curse later on. So he basically played for Curse which was probably top 3 in whole of Europe. He was a big inspiration for me as a kid to start playing really seriously so I decided to go hardcore raiding.

Molten Core, BWL, AQ40 fully cleared. Naxx up til Four Horsemen

TBC part: I played Rogue during Karazhan, swapped to Feral Druid(tanking) during SSC progression. During Vash'j progression I had a longdistance relationship which ended quite horribly. It resulted in less time spent in WoW for my part, so I quit raiding and missed out TK progression. I came back as BT was released where I resumed playing Rogue.

Karazhan, BT, Hyjal fully cleared. SSC(5/6), SWP (3/6). TK left untouched

WotLK part: I sold my fully Brutal geared Rogue for almost $350. But I did want to continue playing WoW when WotLK was released. I decided to stick with the Death Knight class, which kinda bored me in the end, so I ended up playing Paladin - hybrids ftw. Casual raiding 2 days a week with a pretty random guild, not so good.

Naxx, Ulduar (not all hardmodes) fully cleared. TOC with 45, ICC HC (not LK, Prof & Sindragosa), Malygos, OS.

Cataclysm part: I'm gonna be straight up honest. During this time I was playing HoN the most. So I have basically 0 experience from Cata. Yep that's right. I have never set foot in Bastion of Twilight nor Blackwing Descent. I did Dragon Soul for lore & fun though! Seems I missed out on some good raids Sad. But almost no experience from here, sorry.

MoP part: Apart from clearing everything possible in LFR up to date I have 6/6 MSV (Normal) and 2/6 in HoF (Normal). I've been "guildless" for a over a week now so I'm starting to fall behind, which isn't good!
Also, why did I leave my MoP-guild? We had 1 alcoholic, 2 stoners, and 1 guy constantly dc:ing in our 'core' raiding line-up. I just can't take that, combine it with only 2 raids a week where you have to spend half of your time waiting for this laggy/drunk guy to get his shit together. Not fun.

Raiding-related information:
I have no problems with the schedule. Work and/or spare-time activities will never interfere or keep me from having 100% attendance. I have to be VERY VERY sick to miss a raid.
I have almost zero problems with my connection, I get random dc:d once every month or so, and usually happens during very odd times.
I always come prepared, whether it's tactics, potions, materials (getting a new item mid-raid and you instantly equip it fully enchanted), flasks for me and usually any class should they need to borrow.
I have a quality gaming laptop from MSI, handed to me by sponsorship. GTX570M, i7-2630QM@2GHz, 12GB RAM. GFX-lag will never be an issue during raids.
I have pretty decent gear considering I haven't raided with a guild this week. I managed to pug first boss in HoF and get the boots I'm wearing, lucky me. Haven't been able to get a pug for a full MSV clear yet - working on this part. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/leero/advanced
I'm aware of that I really have to prove myself to you guys considering my lack of gear, but I know I am Core Crew material, and I hope to be able to prove it to you.

I can't provide a up-to-date WoL yet (since I haven't raided with a guild) but I'm fixing my own logging as I write this application - I'm gonna do a LFR and post a Feng log. Pretty straight up dps with some minor setbacks (Fissure shield in middle, Wildfire Sparks). Although LFR is a crazy zerg I guess you could just look at that fight like pounding on a dummy. But I will fix this as soon as I'm done writing!

Additional stuff:
My UI: https://2img.net/h/oi50.tinypic.com/t99j5u.jpg
Random free-speech about my Rogue and it's gear: I just want to say I'm sorry for applying with such bad gear. I leveled Monk at first (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/reelo/advanced) but decided to go with the Rogue instead. I've been doing everything I can to improve my gear, except MSV this week (bummer). Tough luck with weapons and the Elder Coins I've wasted trying to get them, ohwell.... I just pray that you can bear with me on this one!

I think I covered the most important parts, almost 2AM and I'm feeling a bit tired but I really wanted to get this application out as soon as possible. I heard your current Rogue took a break, and well, we all what happens at Wednesdays! Could keep writing and trying to be like "ohh look at me I'm this good, and I did this much DPS in TBC" bla bla, sure, it could be somewhat relevant to have some old-school experience but ya..
I just hope you like my application and me for who I am, I'm not gonna sit and lie in an application to a guild just to slightly improve my chances to join as trialist. Anyways. Logs coming up asap and if you have any questions, post it below or whisper Leero (or Reelo, my alt) in-game.

Take care Core Crew.

Leero

Back to top Go down

Leero - Rogue Applicant Empty Re: Leero - Rogue Applicant

Post  Witweed 20/11/2012, 12:20

Leero wrote:My 6 year old brother played for a very very famous guild on Stormscale-EU, Mannel Bois - which merged into Curse later on. So he basically played for Curse which was probably top 3 in whole of Europe.

Must have played a fire mage eh Ola!

Pissing myself.

Will read the rest later on, just wanted to get that quote in before he fixed it!

Witweed

Back to top Go down

Post  Nheali 20/11/2012, 12:40

Leero wrote: I'm currently working part-time at the swedish, state/countryowned liquorstore Systembolaget.

Interesting!

Nheali

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 20/11/2012, 13:04

Leero wrote:My 6 year old brother played for a very very famous guild on Stormscale-EU, Mannel Bois - which merged into Curse later on

Best typo ever lol! Damn he must have been pretty good can we get him instead? Razz
I remember Mannel pretty well. Infact one of their players introduced me to the world beyond 60.

I wonder why you didnt stick to the monk? I assume you must have choosen it for some reason beyond op hero classes always outperforming in every corner. I'd personally prefer a monk for the utility they bring and it looks like they are performing better atm.

For someone that seems to be very serious about your gaming I don't understand why you have posted an afk blizzard ui pic. Anything not in combat is just useless as it doesnt show us what it looks like when you raid, where your trackers are and your visibility. What I look for in an application is how the applicant thinks, or if they do at all as that reflects the personality in how serious a raider really is. It's about having a basic understanding of how to use the utilties around you to perform your game play.
I'd go so far as saying that an applicant that doesn't understand why we want a ui pic in combat would never care or understand why to read through the DJ atleast once before attempting new content in todays raid.
That being said I'd not care if your ui is pretty or not, as ones own ui will always feel better then anothers. It's just about all the information it gives us about your play beforehand.

It's nice to see that you have decent vanilla progression as there was far less guilds that had gone that far during that expansion.
You have however missed out on some very interesting mechanics and modes when you havnt raided properly in LK & early Cata + rag.

I feel that you might be wanting to be at a slightly higher level then you are. Not saying that's a bad thing I just don't atm believe that you are at the level we want you to be at.
Prove me wrong with those logs? Pref more then one boss, and something from the newer lfr as well.

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Leero 21/11/2012, 00:07

Leero wrote:My 6 year old brother played for a very very famous guild on Stormscale-EU, Mannel Bois - which merged into Curse later on

Lol, after finishing the application I passed out and now I've slept for 11 straight hours, woho! But ofcourse, six year OLDER than me. Razz You do? Then you might remember Ravenkettle? Surprised

Livvy wrote:I wonder why you didnt stick to the monk?
Yeah I kinda liked the Monk, especially with the ability to offtank, do crazy solo content etc.
But tbh... this video...: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efMgWHpo7LI actually made me decide to roll a Rogue 2-3 weeks after MoP-release. I've just always loved playing the Rogue class so I got some crazy urge to play it, remembering how I Ambush-Backstab-ThistleTea-Backstab:d every Mage out there when Arathi Basin was released lol. Monk was really fun, and I can understand that you might think they bring better utility etc. But I'm a Rogue at heart :3 Although Ambush Backstab doesn't really apply to the PvP today... Or that anything is like Vanilla times for that matter.

I will post a screen shortly along with a log if my WoL decides to agree with me today, had some dir-issues yesterday with it but I think I got it working now.

It's nice to see that you have decent vanilla progression as there was far less guilds that had gone that far during that expansion.
You have however missed out on some very interesting mechanics and modes when you havnt raided properly in LK & early Cata + rag.
Yes! I have the LK experience but, it was a bit slacky raiding. And no Cata experience, I hope you appreciate my honesty though as I could just lie about it which probably is a popular thing amongst applicants.

I feel that you might be wanting to be at a slightly higher level then you are.
Oh hell yes. I've always been a gamer at high level. Whether it comes to Counter-Strike, DotA, WoW or HoN I always try to be the best. Everything else is just, I dunno.. I see no point playing games if you can't be the best. Ok WoW might be enjoyable playing somewhat casual but HoN/DotA is terrible. Atleast this is my opinion, do not take any offence if you play HoN/DotA. I just think it sucks to be pummeled in such games (which is why I quit when my teammembers decided to opt for school or other games).

Prove me wrong with those logs? Pref more then one boss, and something from the newer lfr as well.

Feng Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z5b0axcbzt4nrdvl/sum/damageDone/?s=50&e=430
Feng UIscreen: https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/24xnw3r.jpg
Gara'jal Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z5b0axcbzt4nrdvl/sum/damageDone/?s=767&e=1035

Damage is a bit low, I'm trying to PUG first 3 MSV bosses for either Dagger or Fist (489) ilvl which will boost my damage significantly. It's frustrating how hard it is to get a PUG running, and when you manage to get 10 you end up with 9 potatoes anyways although achievements and gear say otherwise. But I'm gonna /2 all day looking for a group so I can roll on some new weapons.

I have to get my breakfast now but if you think anything is missing please say so, I will try to post it asap. Do you want me to run Blade Lord in HoF? Maybe an interesting fight to log in LFR, I'll do it anyways and post.

Leero

Back to top Go down

Post  Leero 21/11/2012, 00:12

Both kills was tanked by either Blood DK or Paladin, so there was no Sunder Armor on the boss (check my UI screen of Feng for yourselves). So my damage would've been even slightly boosted! *flex* Unless it's hidden for DK/Pallytanks..?

Leero

Back to top Go down

Post  KJELSRUD 21/11/2012, 05:24

Lets have a chat on mumble to clear some stuff up.
Willing to give you a chance if things sounds good.

Accepted.

KJELSRUD

Back to top Go down

Post  Leero 21/11/2012, 08:38

I'll be home at probably 14.00 CET tomorrow Wednesday and then online on WoW whole day. I'll try to get in touch with you as early as possible after 14.00.

On a sidenote I managed to score a new dagger from Stone Guard thanks to a pug-group, so that helps abit aswell.

Leero

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down