Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» BĂ„lthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi

Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer

5 posters

:: Public :: Recruiting

Go down

Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer

Post  Jaqobe 9/11/2012, 14:15

Who am I irl?
Name : Jakob
Nationality : Swedish

A bit about me as a person and player:
I’m a guy who likes to have a laugh and joke around in /g or on ventrilo, but when its raid time I get my serious face on and heal like there is no tomorrow. I recently graduated from Engineering school so that brings some skills within the multimedia section such as recording and editing movies and also coding/designing websites. When I'm not on the computer I like playing my bass and making songs and covers with my band members. If I would describe myself as a player in WoW I would say that I'm a very dedicated player who has always been pretty skilled and played in high-end guilds and at about 2400 rating in 2v2/3v3 brackets. The PvP bit isn't really relevant when applying to a PvE guild but it takes individual player skill to be able to achieve such ratings.

Character Information:
Name : Jaqob
Realm : Kazzak
Level : 90
Race : Pandaren
Class : Monk
Armory link : My monk's armory
Primary spec : Windwalker (DPS)
Secondary spec : Brewmaster (Tank)
Applying for : Raider trial spot
Willing to respec : Yes

Played time:
In total ~500 days. I had about 4-5 days on my Monk on the Beta and currently about 15 days on Live realm.

Additional information on this subject?
I've been Rafing with a friend of mine so my Monk will be granted to 80 instantly. And since I'm unemployed and have no life I will be playing non-stop until 90, that is my goal atleast, the only thing that will stop me is if i pass out or something.

Alternate Character Information:
Alt(s) :
Qobia - 85 Paladin (Holy/Ret)
Jaqobe - 85 Hunter (Survival)
Qoben - 85 Druid (Balance/Guardian)
Raqobe - 85 Priest (Shadow/Disc)
Qobiet - 85 Mage (Frost)
Qoobia - 90 Shaman (Elemental)

Additional information on this subject?
My beloved and unique Paladin Qobia is currently and has always been my main character and together with my mage they have been my PvP characters and I've achieved 2400+ in 2v2 and 3v3 and a Duelist title.

The Priest I've recently leveled was for RaF purposes but when I dinged 85 on him I really enjoyed playing him so that might be a suitable alt character for MoP.

My Mists of Pandaria ambitions:
My goal was to be a part of the top guild of the realm but that haven't really worked out yet but I'm hoping on better progress and community in Core Crew

Guild History:
Previous Guilds : <Fang> & <Rising>
Reason for leaving:
I joined Fang at the start of MoP and we got down 3/6 hc in Msv and Elegon to like 10% or so. I didn't really like it there but I kept playing for a while. A few weeks ago I got an offer by a good friend of mine to leave Fang and create a new 10 man guild to escape all the failures in Fang but reality catched up on us and we didn't have enough players for the 10 man guild to work out so now I'm sitting here guild less and want to raid again.

Misc information:
Do you possess a stable internet connection?
See for yourself Smile

Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer 2196400556

Did you level this character yourself? Yes I did

How would you rate your English, written and spoken?
My English speaking skills are pretty good but I would say that my writing skills are better

Do you have an open application to another guild at the moment? Nope

Why do you want to join Core Crew?
My reason for applying to Core Crew is pretty simple. I played with Rising and now after the disband I found Core Crew on Wow-progress and decided to make this application.

What do you expect of Core Crew?
My expectations of Core Crew is that my ambition level will be in line with yours. My ambitions for MoP will be to reach server rank 1 and a good world rank. Also well organized leading with a solid officer group is something that i value.

What can you do for Core Crew?
Seeing myself as a dedicated player with the background that I have in WoW I can provide Core Crew with a good addition to your raid and a good friend to chat and have a laugh with on guild chat or ventrilo. Also I'm a Webdesign/Photoshoping/ Video making enthusiast so I will be frapsing and edit videos from kills for either the guild or for my youtube channel. I can most likely host a ventrilo server from my server.

I found this quote a while ago and I couldn't agree more with it

You will also get a player who prepares thoroughly for each encounter. I think that half an encounter can be completed before you even step foot in the instance if you watch videos, read strategies and research your role. There's things you can't know until you get into a fight but you can know beforehand if it's your role to control adds, interrupt a specific ability, etc.

Raid information:
Which of these days are you available to raid?
Wednesday 20:00-24:00 : Yes
Thursday 20:00-24:00 : Yes
Sunday 20:00-24:00 : Yes
Monday 20:00-24:00 : Yes
Tuesday 20:00-24:00 : Yes

How many days a week would you want to raid maximum? 5
Do you own a working microphone?
Yes, proud owner of a pair Razer Megalodon

What is your experience in raiding?
TBC
Cleared all T4, then 3/4 TK, 4/5 SSC. 4/9 BT and 2/5 MH Pre-nerf Cleared BT after the nerf.

WOTLK
Cleared whole T7 with Undying achievment
Ulduar 10/25: 13/14 (One light achievment)
ToGC 10: Cleared (Including 50 tries left achievment)
ToGC25: Cleared (Including Tribute to madness)
ICC10 hc: 12/12
ICC25 hc: 11/12

CATA
T11 - Cleared whole normal and 5/13 hc
T12 - Cleared normal and hc
T13 - Cleared normal and hc (8/8hc without 35% nerf)

Additional information on this subject ?
Tier 11 was a bad start for me in Cata because of guild disbanding and a lot of trouble generaly.

My PC rig:
CPU: Intel i7 930
GPU: ATI 5850
RAM: Corsair 8gb
HDD: Some chinese brand, 1tb !

Additional information
My ui: https://i.imgur.com/VIfDg.jpg
Skype profile : dase_lol

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty Re: Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer

Post  KJELSRUD 9/11/2012, 14:43

A somewhat disappointing and confusing application based upon our short conversation.

It seems like the apply you made before mop. You say you will use raf to level you monk and explain how you will do this process, however your monk is 90 and good geared.

You also link a warlock ui screenshot. I get that you might be using the same. But thats probably also part of the old apply. Probably the one you used to get into Fang? Whatever it doesnt really matter. But it gives a really bad overall impression. Using an old apply as a template is fine, but better make sure its updated.

Now, normaly I would throw your ass to the wolves and I am still inclined to do so. However based on your mindsett, ambition and some decent ranks + mainly our conversation ingame. Pluss the fact that we could really use a top dps. (Btw not much in this apply implies that you are)

I am villing to have a chat with you over skype or whatever to give you another chance to convins me. We can talk things over and see what comes of it.

KJELSRUD

Back to top Go down

Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer Empty Re: Jaqob - Your New Windwalker Monk Damage Dealer

Post  Jaqobe 9/11/2012, 15:17

Hey,

I'm going to admit that this application is a template from a application that I wrote in the begining of MoP. I do apologize that it isn't as updated as I thought it was. I left my MoP preparement bits in because I wanted to show you that I'm an ambitious player.

If I missed out on any important information or if you want me to link logs, I'm sure you can have found them yourself.

Add my skype (dase_lol) or my battletag so we can chat (Jaqobe#2611)

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 9/11/2012, 15:22

Hey again,

I couldn't find the 'edit' button so I had to make another reply.

About the UI in the pic I linked, that is my Warlock Jaqobia from my old raids in Fireland. I'm using the same ui (modified Elvui/tukui) so that is not a picture that I've stolen.

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch 9/11/2012, 20:10

Still would be better to see a UI of the character your actually applying on in a raiding environment to see that your properly tracking all buffs/debuffs/resources/timers/procs etc etc.

I could very easily go on an alt and have a UI ready from loading up my Warlock profile but it wouldn't have all of the class/spec specific things needed to perform at 110%

Arch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 9/11/2012, 23:30

Hello again,

Of course when I need to show you my ui I had some addon errors but I'll provide you with another picutre of a ui that I've been using mostly to level alts but sometimes on the Monk as well. It contains all the needed addons for raiding. Btw does the majority of Core Crew use Bigwigs or DBM?

https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/29wwo4y.jpg

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 9/11/2012, 23:38

I'm going to link another picture from when I was levling my monk with the elv/tuk ui modifed by me and my brother. That ui isn't optimized for Monks yet so I rarely use it

https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/rt23cn.jpg

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch 10/11/2012, 01:45

So far, 3 links to pictures of UI and none of them is YOUR RAIDING UI.

We've had a Warlock in Firelands, a raiding UI you 'sometimes use' and a UI of a level 3.

I'll make this very simple, and only going to ask one more time.

Post a SCREENSHOT of your CURRENT RAIDING UI which you ALWAYS use on YOUR MONK.

I'm starting to get the impression that your good DPS and high ranks is pretty much carried purely by the high level of gear, and very little to do with skill, from the responses so far.

Arch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 10/11/2012, 02:22

Okay this is the ui that I'm using, and going to use. I'm not carried by my gear. If you want some reffrence from old officers or anything like that if it makes you feel more secure that I'm no fucking shit player than whisper Quanee who was my Meele officer in Fang.

I'll admit that my ui is fucking ugly but it has all the needed addons to be able to raid on a high level.

https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/qzn2vb.jpg

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Arch 10/11/2012, 02:32

It doesn't need to be pretty. Any UI which isn't your own will inherently seem uncomfortable and unfimiliar, as long as it has all the information you need and you know where to look for said information then it works.

Arch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 10/11/2012, 10:00

As I said my UI is completely ready for raiding and supplies me with everything I need for raiding. If you have any further UI questions, please ask them now, or any otherly related questions please ask them as well now.

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 11/11/2012, 03:32

I've just skimmed through as when there's many replies I tend to read them instead to get a view of whats up. I can't seem to find a link of any logs. Could you please post that as we dont actually bring in anyone without having seen their performace on paper first unless vouched for.

I think the view of your application reflects on you as not someone that actually prepares. You have not read the Q & A which would give you all the info you need about what we want in your application and what we dont.

If you cant prepare a few sentences & link on a forum why would we believe that you can prepare for a raid?

Logs, logs logs. No matter how crap your application and preparation might be that's whats gonna save your ass in the end of the day. If the logs are there we might think twice about teaching you other things needed to be a better raider.

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaqobe 11/11/2012, 07:04

Okay first of all I just want to say that you guys have never asked for any logs, you mention earlier that you've seen logs and that they are decent and that I'm carried by my gear.

I'm useless when it comes to reading. Sorry for wasting your time.

Jaqobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sveberg 11/11/2012, 07:49

Jaqobe wrote:Okay first of all I just want to say that you guys have never asked for any logs, you mention earlier that you've seen logs and that they are decent and that I'm carried by my gear.

I'm useless when it comes to reading. Sorry for wasting your time.

Hello Jaqobe
I haven't really seen this application until now but i'll do my best to explain you why we nag about logs.

First of all, when you say we have never asked for logs, that might be true..
But before you apply to a guild, as a serious applicant, you should always read what we seek from you in an application. It clearly says in our recruitment post that you need to post logs.

Why we nag about this is simply because when you write an application, your pretty much free to write whatever you want. You can lie of all sorts of things etc, obviously this never really happens much, but some gets tempted to make the application stand out. Also as stated, we are a casual guild. We don't raid everyday so we have a tight time schedule. This means that whenever we invite a trial, we must be sure that he has what it takes. if not we will fall behind and might not progress at all.
Logs gives us this information by showing us your dps on that certain fight, comparing you to other monks, etc. If i'm honest, all a player really needs is to link his logs, and write some info about yourself. All the other crap is just irrelevant for me, but thats for me, probably different opinions out there in my guild:)

Anyway i'm sorry you feel this way, would been cool to see a monks log to see how OP you really are:)

GL further on

Sveberg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down