Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» BĂ„lthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi


chicken in need of a bucket!

 :: Public :: Recruiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 20/8/2012, 08:06

Hello Fellas!

Before i start may i just say: no application form! i like your style! Wink

now that's out of the way... i er.. am not sure where i should start ^^'...

few personal notes i guess: My name is angela and i live in london. I'm a designer by trade and a closet nerd by habit Shocked (not many ppl know of my gaming habits. they wouldn't understand i tell you!)

few words bout my wow career: started playing with the release of wrath, but don't hold it against me! my raiding experience started in ulduar (happy days), but got more serious during ICC and forward. raided through most of cata, with a few small intervals here and there, due to traveling. i've cleared most of the cata content, bar some hcs. I've cleared DS 5/8 hc (while it was still a challenge), but took a break in the spring, cos my grp and i lost interest. I have been trying out the beta however, just to see whether it'd be worth continuing playing or just give up completely...
in case you haven't guessed yet from the title i roll as a boomkin. i have a few other classes i entertain my self with, but i'm pretty sentimentally attached to my druid! I've been raiding as a druid since the days od ICC and i've loved it through all the highs and the lows. I've been raiding almost exclusively as a boomy, but i retain a healing os, cos it's fun! And here's my angry bird's page:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodfeather/Erinya/simple

few words why i'm interested in your guild: 1stly i'm shopping around for a new server and guild cos my current ones are pretty dead.... oh and i miss being horde! Twisted Evil i'm looking for a guild that's fun and yet serious at the same time! i like raiding and the new content looks promising, but i don't intend to go full throttle nerd! Which is why i am looking for a grp of ppl that have a relaxed attitude towards wow, but when they play THEY MEAN BUSINESS! and you strike me as such a guild! need i say more?

so... like... ye, that's all i can think of putting down. if i've left anything out just ask away!

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Holla
A


jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  KJELSRUD on 20/8/2012, 09:01

Yes, we have a rather casual schedule with 2 days +1 optional.

But in raids we require all 10 players to preform as well as top players in top guilds do.

You seems to have little to non hc raiding preformance and nothing to show for it.

In a dps application I'm looking for something to show that you can produce high numbers while still doing the others jobs assigned to you. Ie videos, logs , theory etc




KJELSRUD

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 20/8/2012, 13:32

ok, maybe i've given the wrong impression here.

i may be a casual gamer but my actual gaming isn't casual... if that makes any sense. i simply don't have the luxury of spending every night in a raid, trying to achieve virtual greatness while i put the rest of my life on hold. but when i play i bring my A-game and no bullshit, which is what i expect from the ppl i play with too. I do my homework and i come prepared.

as i mentioned in my original post i have taken a break from raiding for several months now, but that is not to say that while i was still active i didn't take it seriously. i have done hc content for the larger part of cata, especially fls and ds and while the content was still a challenge. might i point out here that one doesn't simply get carried through fls hc and given a legendary just for looking pretty. granted my gear and achievements may not be as shiny as some of your current members; my toon however is still relevant and should i have to i can fully support my decisions and choices on my gear/stat/specc/etc.

i could also go on about my knowledge, tactics and experience on my class, but the point of the matter is we are a breath away from a new expansion. practically anything i put down here will be deemed irrelevant as soon as the new content goes live. i've played the beta for a while now and from what i've seen blizz has made some seemingly subtle changes in our class/specc, which will however dramatically change our gameplay (and they're still working out things). so all i can say really is that as well as i know how to play my class now, even through my beta experience, i still will be going back to the drawing-board when mop comes out.

that is all i can say in support of my previous post. if you are still convinced that i'm not what you're looking for then i apologise for taking up your time and best of luck with pandaria!

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Arch on 20/8/2012, 19:17

Hi

What Kjel is getting at isn't so much a question about whether or not your a casual/skilled player, merely asking if you have any evidence to show your performance in raids in the form of either World of Logs, Kill vids you might of possibly done, screen shots of damage meters, anything really because the armory has your progress down as rather scarce.

You sound like you know what your talking about with your character and appreciate that the expansion will bring changes which make current knowledge of class mechanics a little less important but from experience we know that a person can know everything about their class and all the game mechanics but are just not able to convert this into actual output.

So if you have anything you can use to prove your fat-skills then please do Smile.

Arch

Posts : 287
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Witweed on 20/8/2012, 20:26

jelli wrote:ok, maybe i've given the wrong impression here.

i may be a casual gamer but my actual gaming isn't casual... if that makes any sense. i simply don't have the luxury of spending every night in a raid, trying to achieve virtual greatness while i put the rest of my life on hold. but when i play i bring my A-game and no bullshit, which is what i expect from the ppl i play with too. I do my homework and i come prepared.

as i mentioned in my original post i have taken a break from raiding for several months now, but that is not to say that while i was still active i didn't take it seriously. i have done hc content for the larger part of cata, especially fls and ds and while the content was still a challenge. might i point out here that one doesn't simply get carried through fls hc and given a legendary just for looking pretty. granted my gear and achievements may not be as shiny as some of your current members; my toon however is still relevant and should i have to i can fully support my decisions and choices on my gear/stat/specc/etc.

i could also go on about my knowledge, tactics and experience on my class, but the point of the matter is we are a breath away from a new expansion. practically anything i put down here will be deemed irrelevant as soon as the new content goes live. i've played the beta for a while now and from what i've seen blizz has made some seemingly subtle changes in our class/specc, which will however dramatically change our gameplay (and they're still working out things). so all i can say really is that as well as i know how to play my class now, even through my beta experience, i still will be going back to the drawing-board when mop comes out.

that is all i can say in support of my previous post. if you are still convinced that i'm not what you're looking for then i apologise for taking up your time and best of luck with pandaria!


Read the first app and i thought it was pretty meh. This post however has caught my eye. I think confidence is a very good sign of a player's ability and this post brings it in shedloads (which is a good thing, especially for most of us cocky twats!)


One issue however is where you wrote

jelli wrote:i could also go on about my knowledge, tactics and experience on my class, but the point of the matter is we are a breath away from a new expansion. practically anything i put down here will be deemed irrelevant as soon as the new content goes live."

You couldn't be more wrong. We dont want you to teach us how to play moonkin we want you to demonstrate your understanding and ability. If you can prove to us you are a great player in this expansion we will undoubtedly give you the benefit of the doubt that you will keep up to date and knowledgeable for the next expansion.


At the end of the day, if you write here that you honestly believe you are a fantastic player and that you play your class to near perfection, then you have my vote. (those logs or kill videos would help though!)

Witweed

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Livvy on 20/8/2012, 20:58

As Wit says the second reply is were you catch me.

You are currently holding some of the qualities we look at in a players attitude towards the game which is the first thing we look at.

The second thing we look at is your armoury and your logs (logs can be created by any person at any time lfr logs works fine for us to see what you are doing, if you are uncertain of how to -feel free to ask for help worldoflogs.com)

About your armoury could you please explain why you reforge for mastery above haste but gem for haste above mastery & is there any particular reason to why you are using a healing metagem? Also the chest you recived in march is still missing an enchant, I understand you stopped playing 3 weeks later so I'm assuming its just a miss since the shoulders you got your last day are fully sorted.

/Liv

Livvy
Admin

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile http://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  KJELSRUD on 20/8/2012, 23:40

Hello again.

As the others say, your second post gives us a much better impression.
I like to use a crittical approach to see ppls reactions Smile

If you can play like you portrey in your post. I think we definately could get you on ventrilo for a little chat about things.

What you guys think? Only downside is another druid if she delivers.

KJELSRUD

Posts : 258
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  hmstr on 21/8/2012, 00:31

I definitely agree, good retort and showing of confidence off of critizism, i like it Very Happy I see no reason not to go for a chat/trialrun.

hmstr

Posts : 146
Join date : 2012-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Arch on 21/8/2012, 00:48

Don't think another druid would be a problem, they each play different spec. Only tokens would matter (if they are following the same principle of Cata?)

And to quote Blizzard, "BRING THE PLAYER NOT THE CLASS" Razz lol.

Plus, another Brit to replace the Brit you lost will even things out!

Arch

Posts : 287
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Wazbeer on 21/8/2012, 00:53

Pretty much all gear is shared between balance and resto nowadays, but i'm not someone who's gonna cry about waiting a lil bit longer for my drops, would happily welcome another druid to our "bucket" if said druid performs on our required level Smile

Wazbeer

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Witweed on 21/8/2012, 01:52

I would think that blizzard will be increasing leather int drop rates because of the addition of monk, making 3 specs need that loot.

But then again, this is blizzard

Witweed

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 21/8/2012, 03:45

Livvy wrote:
About your armoury could you please explain why you reforge for mastery above haste but gem for haste above mastery & is there any particular reason to why you are using a healing metagem? Also the chest you recived in march is still missing an enchant, I understand you stopped playing 3 weeks later so I'm assuming its just a miss since the shoulders you got your last day are fully sorted.

/Liv

i'll gladly answer to that, but the answer won't be short, sorry ^^'. the rule of thumb in this expansion for my specc is stack int>spirit/hit(cap)>haste>mastery>critlol. The reason haste is more important to us than mastery is cos it gives our dots extra tics as well as reduces cast times a little. (i'm sure you already knew all that, was just trying to establish the baseline Very Happy) HOWEVER, the haste break points for our ticks are not what you'd call even. to be more precise the break point between 12th and 13th tick requires an insane amount of haste, which with my gear no matter how i reforged/gemmed/ench would not reach (and the cast time reduction is literally too minute to bother with). That kind of means that there is a haste soft cap... anyway, i thought "why go for all the extra haste, which doesn't do much work over the 'soft cap', when i can reforge the excess into mastery?" In the end the excess haste reforged to mastery gave me something like 3-4% extra eclipse damage, which in comparison to a 0.1s off my starfire i thought was more valuable! I of course tried both stat stacks out in raids before i settled to stacking stats thus-ly, and i found that it was actually more beneficial this way.

as for my chest you're not far off. i received that token/chest ages before i actually used it (don't think i got to use it in the end if i remember correctly). the reason being that the lfr or normal tier pieces offered different stats to the hc pieces. so when i geared through lfr and ds normal i got my helm, chest, gloves and trou with the boomkin bonus and the healing shoulders, since the stats were better. as i started swapping my gear to hc i had to wait before i could use the chest (healing) so i wouldn't lose my 4piece bonus. by the time i got around to using them we were calling it a day with the raiding so there wasn't much point... the meta gem was more of an availability issue to begin with (won't bore you with details), but the conclusion to that story is the same as with the missing chest enchant Smile

also some1 mentioned having more druids in your raid roster (or rooster Razz) and there might be an issue with tokens. i have never been loot horny. in my previous guilds we've used loot council and even when i was an officer/rleader i was more than happy to pass on loot to others who might find it more beneficial (which bit me in the arse with my t12 helm xD).

lastly i don't have any vids or logs with my numbers from what i know. i could always go do some lfr and take pics of the meters... but it's lfr... not an accurate representation of how one would dps in a real raid! dunno let me have a little think of how i can work around this and also see if any of my old raiders have kept anything and i'll get back to you on that one.

gee... think i've covered most of the important issues raised from your many MANY responses ^^ thanks for taking an interest guys. I'll have a look at the post again to make sure there isn't smthn pressing i've left out...

Ta
Ang

oh and p.s. i'm not actually british, bat me inglish iz very best!

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Arch on 21/8/2012, 04:03

Angela from London and not British... What crazyness is this?!

Italian?

Arch

Posts : 287
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 21/8/2012, 04:08

Arch wrote:Angela from London and not British... What crazyness is this?!

Italian?

greek actually... but i'm totally britishized. lived here for ages!

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Arch on 21/8/2012, 04:11

jelli wrote:
greek actually... but i'm totally britishized. lived here for ages!

Hmm... i shall let you off then! Very Happy

Good luck in your application. They're a nice bunch, except for Witweed, he's a dick!

Arch

Posts : 287
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Livvy on 21/8/2012, 04:31

I like this girl.

I find your explantion really good, showing that you encountered something and took your time testing and tweaking it around what you got to work with and it makes sense Razz.

I agree print screens isnt of any use then to see your ui. Thats why logs are the way to go as they breakdown what you do , in lfr its not giving you the same view of how a player focuses dps on proper targets but you can always see their dps % of spells and such which can help.

In the past 3 druids have not been as favoured in a raid because of less players to bring in for buff utility but now with that changed there's more room for us incredible druids to shine.

Ye sure tokens might be something we sometimes have to wait for, but afaik blizzard will up the vanq token drops even more as now there will also be monks in it (yey for being the token with 5 classes on it). Though with the playerbase we got and are looking to recruit - gear will be more of a bonus then an obstacle to progress. Personally I rather take the best players then the best loot, our roster is currently only holding one leather int user aswell so loot shouldnt be hard to obtain.

I think we've seen enough to want to see you ingame and make you show us what you really go for. We have recently come back from our summer break and are holding some runs for DS/FL currently logging to have something to compare with for when the patch comes out on the 29/8. We would love to see you come and join in for this the reset comming the 22/8 as it would be the best opportunity to get a correct viewing.

I think it's time you take a look at what fugly race suits you best.

Livvy
Admin

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile http://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Wazbeer on 21/8/2012, 04:39

Completely agree with livvy, your answers have gone a long way into showing us what your (most likely) made off Smile

OT: they're throwing monks in on the vanq token aswell? if they up the token drop rates further there'll be a chance we won't see anything but vanq for weeks on end ;p

Wazbeer

Posts : 68
Join date : 2012-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Arch on 21/8/2012, 04:41

Silvermaw wrote:
OT: they're throwing monks in on the vanq token aswell? if they up the token drop rates further there'll be a chance we won't see anything but vanq for weeks on end ;p

Pretty sure that was the case anyway lol.

Arch

Posts : 287
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 21/8/2012, 04:58

Livvy wrote:

I think we've seen enough to want to see you ingame and make you show us what you really go for. We have recently come back from our summer break and are holding some runs for DS/FL currently logging to have something to compare with for when the patch comes out on the 29/8. We would love to see you come and join in for this the reset comming the 22/8 as it would be the best opportunity to get a correct viewing.

I think it's time you take a look at what fugly race suits you best.

oh buggery!

i'm off for my summer holidays tomorrow :s gonna be away till the 10th and i'm not sure what my connection will be like where i'm going. also i haven't faction changed/transferred yet so not sure how i'll work it out within your time-frame.

er scuse my ignorance in this matter but how does one go about using worldoflogs? never had to use it before. might not be able to raid with you guys just yet, but i can maybe try and provide you with some stats before the 29th.

sorry for the trouble Embarassed

as for the race i was considering trolling it... i'll do some homework in beta and see what's best.

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Livvy on 21/8/2012, 05:19

Logs would be brilliant in that case.
Register at http://www.worldoflogs.com
Download the client.
You can either create a personal place to log it or you can load it up to our guild. If you search for guilds you will find us under kazzak Core Crew http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/205587/
When at our page you will have to hit a button will say apply or something similiar. I'll have you confirmed to be able to log to that place directly.
Once you got that out of the way you open the client (it will ask you for some preference as where your combatlog is- its in your warcraft folder in another fodler called Logs)
and then ingame type /combatlog
Hope that helps Very Happy

I dont think they made any changes to the races so Trolls should still be the better dps option for a druid.
Usually a faction & transfer change goes within the hour from experience if you were unsure about how long it might take.

Livvy
Admin

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile http://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 21/8/2012, 05:38

thanks Livvy Very Happy

i'll get on it as soon as i got a chance!

cheers for the help!

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Witweed on 21/8/2012, 05:50

First of all, I like your attitude, so take this post with a pinch of salt (and as Arch said i am a dick,) i'm an accountant so i feel obligated to correct your maths fails however most people don't put that much thought into theorycrafting anyway so you wont be the only one!


jelli wrote:The reason haste is more important to us than mastery is cos it gives our dots extra tics as well as reduces cast times a little. (i'm sure you already knew all that, was just trying to establish the baseline Very Happy) HOWEVER, the haste break points for our ticks are not what you'd call even. to be more precise the break point between 12th and 13th tick requires an insane amount of haste, which with my gear no matter how i reforged/gemmed/ench would not reach (and the cast time reduction is literally too minute to bother with). That kind of means that there is a haste soft cap... anyway, i thought "why go for all the extra haste, which doesn't do much work over the 'soft cap', when i can reforge the excess into mastery?" In the end the excess haste reforged to mastery gave me something like 3-4% extra eclipse damage, which in comparison to a 0.1s off my starfire i thought was more valuable! I of course tried both stat stacks out in raids before i settled to stacking stats thus-ly, and i found that it was actually more beneficial this way.

First of all, Breakpoints are overrated, breakpoints have value ONLY when you leave a Dot on full duration without refreshing it before it expires. That does not mean it has no value, there are situations where that happens, such as certain types of target switching and multidotting. But in terms of single target dps, haste does not diminish untill you reach the GCD cap (which is impossible without heroism/nature's grace, and difficult then.)

Cast time reductions are multiplicative, meaning haste doesn't lose value the more you get. Mastery and other stats do gain value with more haste, but not to the extent that they overtake it in the current gear model. The cast time reduction is not 'too minute to bother with.' Assuming your numbers are correct (which i doubt very much) 0.1 seconds off a say 2.4 second starfire cast is a 4.3% increase in the amount of starfires you can cast and effectively that same increase for every spell that doesnt have a cooldown. 4% more damage in eclipse is (assuming 60% eclipses?) a 2.5% total damage increase when you are in eclipse (75% of the time?) so a 1.75% damage increase. Obviously these numbers are rough and there are many more factors to consider, theorycrafting isn't that simple but i wrote this to explain that you shouldnt just look at 0.1 seconds off a spell and call it negligable and haste without breakpoints.

I really doubt mastery is better than haste at the moment, but i don't honestly have enough information to say it is or it isn't. I am just explaining why your reasoning is wrong.








Onto more important things, it is very disappointing to hear that you are away until the 10th, from our point of view we ideally want to have a strong reliable roster a decent amount of time before the expansion is released. It would of course be more of a gamble to wait that long then trial you when we probably wouldn't have time to trial someone else after you if things don't go well but, everything in guilds and recruiting is a gamble to be honest and you seem to be very popular so who am i to argue!

Witweed

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  jelli on 21/8/2012, 06:34

Witweed wrote:First of all, I like your attitude, so take this post with a pinch of salt (and as Arch said i am a dick,) i'm an accountant so ... and recruiting is a gamble to be honest and you seem to be very popular so who am i to argue!

admittedly it's been a while since i did my research and maths on this so don't take my figures for granted.. i'm fucked if i can remember what i ate last night let out the elementary maths i did like 5 months ago. and who am i to argue with an accountant Razz
figures aside, as i said it was a decision i made after trial and error, cos unlike you maths were never my strong suit Smile

anyway, if you fellas are eager to fill your dps position a.s.a.p then don't let me delay you. as much as i'm warming up to you guys i don't expect you to take any unnecessary risks just cos 'i'm popular'. i'll try and make this WoL work, but if in the mean time you find some1 else then no worries, i'm sure i'll find a home elsewhere!

jelli

Posts : 7
Join date : 2012-08-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Livvy on 21/8/2012, 07:15

We are currently in a very good poisition, so we are merely making our roster stronger then anything else.
My main point of this reset being good is that after that alot of changes will be made to all of our chars which means we wont be ontop of all the classes from the start which can lead to a slightly longer trial period as there will be new things to learn about the classes and spec we dont play ourselfs already.
That being said there is enough time before Mist to see if you are one of us the difference is that you have to wait slightly longer for us to make a decision. (We are otherwise pretty fast with letting you know whats good n' bad etc after seeing you perform once)

Livvy
Admin

Posts : 556
Join date : 2012-07-24

View user profile http://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: chicken in need of a bucket!

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: Public :: Recruiting

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum