» Crakkabread - Protection Paladin
7/6/2013, 05:34 by Livvy

Nimryas - Fire mage

:: Public :: Recruiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nimryas - Fire mage

Post  nimryas on 21/5/2013, 05:11

About me:
My name is Nick, 21 years old and I am from Holland (live near Amsterdam). Been playing WoW since the TBC release and got into raiding about 6 months after I started playing. I'm studying psychology at the VU university in Amsterdam, hope to do a master in forensic pscychology. I also swim three times a week (for competition) and train juniors once a week. Ask me anything you still want to know about me Wink

My character:
Armory:Nimryas
UI: I use on:hoover action bars so it might be better to check out a video on my youtube channel (
Link)
Logs: ToT10 normal, there should be some hc jinrokh log somewhere...

I play the spec that provides the most dps and is reliable enough, I'm saying reliable because fire has proven to be a powerful spec in alot of situations but is so RNG based that it can also turn into a complete disaster. At this moment I'm playing as fire, but I'm perfectly fine with playing another spec if it turns out to be better. I have played many years/months with each of the three specs Smile

I was arcane in the previous tier and therefore gathered mostly mastery gear. Switched frost for a few weeks comming patch 5.2 since I lacked crit to go fire instantly. I've now gathered a reasonable amount of crit for me to go fire, but still sometimes I can't believe the rng shit that I'm having... Most of my gear is itemized for fire, can still use an upgrade here and there.

So as for the fire spec, the rotation (if you want to call it a rotation) is far from hard to manage. And of course I use nether tempest since its best best bomb for single target AND Cleave/aoe dps. I'm waiting for mathematic proof to see if living bomb turns out to be equal in patch 5.3 but I highly doubt it. I enchant for crit, haste and intellect where possible, using 320crit over int/crit since a full int gem is only 180 and 320crit beats 180 int. Recently ditched herbalism and got tailoring for the cloak enchant.

I have a level 90 resto/ele shaman (494 ilvl) on this realm. I've pugged/alt runs with this one a few times in DS (hc). I have also got a prot/holy paladin (on boulderfist realm) with whom I have tanked, healed and dpsed 6/8hc DS with (also as alt run).

Experience:
- During TBC I started a bit late since it took me forever to level my first char (this mage). When it was current content I did: 6/6SSC, 5/5MH, 3/4TK and 5/9BT.
- In wotlk I cleared naxx, a couple of ulduar hardmodes (took a break during ulduar so didnt do much of the hardmodes). 3/5ToT HC and 11/12 icc25 HC.
- In cata I've gotten to 5/13HC (guild issues), 6/7FL HC and 8/8DS HC (spine and madness on 30% nerf).
- As for MoP goes, I've done 3/16HC of the previous content due to inactivity of my guild at that time (we even had to stop raiding alltogether during december). And my progress in ToT10 hc currently 1/13hc with 10% wipes on horridon hc.

Extra:
I don't personally know anyone in Core Crew but your raiding days/times are very favorabel for me. It is important for me to have good progress while maintaining a casual approach (time wise) to the game, I'm very serious about progress itself but always up for a laugh on voicechat Smile I'm looking for a steady group that shares this ideal.

There is one favor from my side that I have to ask you guys. I train until 20:30 on thursday and would be home between 20:50 / 21:00. I asked an officer in the guild and he said it was worth applying so I did. Would this be a major issue? Other then this my attendance is 100% unless a RL event needs priority.

I hope I have given you enough information to go on Smile

Cheers, Nick

nimryas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nimryas - Fire mage

Post  Livvy on 23/5/2013, 23:13

Hi Nymryas.

We've had a bit of difficulties with your application.
As I told you in game I think its worth applying even though you'd be 30 min late on a thursday, but I was hoping for a bit better numbers on the logs/epeen statistics/percentiles. We generally accept strangers with 90+ percentiles on majority of the fights, which isn't the case here.

We've had another look and we believe there is potentially something there looking at some older logs aswell. We'd like to make an exception and give you a try based on this.
So if you are willing to push your char a bit extra and make sure to be prepared for any fights you might not have done before we would like to invite you to join us.

Livvy
Admin

View user profile http://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  nimryas on 23/5/2013, 23:20

Thanks for taking me on! I will try my best to maximize my dps and of course will allways be prepared for the raid and for boss tactics! See you guys online!

nimryas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top