Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Dragon's Prophet!
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty13/9/2013, 10:59 by Zalmah

» Lickmyrocket - Aff/destro warlock
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty9/8/2013, 02:27 by Arch

» Popelka - shadowpriest
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty11/7/2013, 02:11 by Farley

» Regret Gaming @Grim Batol
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty9/7/2013, 00:08 by Guest

» Bålthazar - Disc/Holy Priest
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty7/7/2013, 04:13 by Balthazar

» Apply Roguer
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty21/6/2013, 23:46 by Livvy

» Hunter Danwo
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty20/6/2013, 23:17 by Wazbeer

» Chral - Fury Warrior
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty15/6/2013, 21:59 by Nheali

» Gimpi - Warlock
Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty10/6/2013, 20:53 by Gimpi

Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm

4 posters

:: Public :: Recruiting

Go down

Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm

Post  Nipsey 7/1/2013, 08:20

Introduction:

Good Evening guys and girls,
My name is Huw, I'm 22 years old and currently reside in Gloucester, UK.
I am applying to Core Crew as a Shadow Priest, as this is the class I have the most raiding experience on. I am willing to respec if the need arises, however my gear and skills are not really up to scratch in Disc or Holy spec at the moment. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I see myself as a very strong player and I believe I can pick up either spec with relative ease.

I will try to keep my application clean and concise, as I'm not one to beat around the bush and make things all flowery with no real content.

Character Information:

Armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Nipsey/advanced

Logs - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5oflki4afz130vgt/

I understand that my gear and MoP raiding experience is nowhere near the standard you would usually expect from an applicant. I stopped playing WoW midway through SWP progression and have come back just after the launch of MoP with the intent to raid at the same high level I was at when I left the game. I am confident that the logs I've provided are enough to show you that I have the potential for some serious damage output. As you will see in the logs, I surpass players several iLevels higher than myself.

Shadow Priest knowledge section:

Apart from MC, all of my raiding has been as a Shadow Priest. I picked the spec up at the start of TBC and fell in love. Being a shadowy bastard and shooting a beam of light out of my hand into someone's face is just the best feeling in the game. End of.

The spec I am using mostly at the moment involves both FDCL and DI and I'm a huge fan of the proccy feel these talents give the class. I especially like that when I have multiple targets dotted, it's just an endless stream of Mind Blasts and Mind Spikes that add up to some awesome deeps.

I've been playing around with the tier 6 priest talent but I find Halo gives the biggest DPS gain overall.

With regards to gear and gems, I've hit the hit cap and soft haste cap for both SWP and DP without sacrificing too much intellect.

I am an avid reader of HowToPriest.com and keep upto date with all the latest goings on in the priest world.

To be honest, I don't think there is much more I can say without making it sound like a shadow priest class guide. If you have any queries then I will be more than happy to answer.

Raiding Experience:

Vanilla:
-ZG cleared.
-MC cleared upto Ragnaros.

TBC:
-Karazhan cleared.
-Gruuls Lair cleared.
-SSC cleared.
-TK cleared.
-Hyjal cleared.
-BT cleared.
-SWP 2/6.

All of my TBC kills were done before any nerfs. All kills from TK onwards were at realm #1 or #2.

MoP:
-LFR Cleared.
-I am read up on most MoP boss tactics, however I feel there is nothing better than getting in there and experiencing the fight for yourself.

Previous Guilds with realms:

Vanilla:
-Aeternum (Ragnaros-EU)

TBC
-Dominance (Steamwheedle Cartel-EU)
-Forgotten Souls (Steamwheedle Cartel-EU)
-Salvation (Darkspear-EU)
-One Wish (Quel'thalas-EU)
-Reign (Quel'thalas-EU) - The same guild Benib was in, apart from I was there when they were good Wink

MoP
- No guilds of any significance to be honest. I've joined a couple of lowbie guilds with the intention to raid but I find them so disorganised that I lose my patience.

As a side note, I was an avid PvPer in TBC. 2300+ arena rating in season 1 and 2 in all forms of arena.

UI:

Link to screenshot of UI.

My UI is pretty straightforward. I use GUI as my base, on top of this I use WeakAuras with a lot of custom code for my cooldowns and spelltimers. My dot timers are ForteXorcist. I use DBM for my boss mods and MSBT for my scrolling combat text. I run recount damage meter in the bottom right however I keep it hidden as I don't like looking at it during fights as I find it provides more of a distraction than a help. I've been experimenting with different raid bars to replace the GUI standard ones but I am yet to find one I really like.

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k (Sandybridge)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB
GPU: MSI Nvidia 560ti Twin Frozr II
Hard Drive: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB
DVD Drive: LG GH22NP21
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 with 2x Cooler Master Megaflow fans.
Power Supply: XFX Pro Core 650W
CPU Cooler: Gelid Tranquilo CPU Cooler

Internet Connection:

Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm 2418186192

Raiding Availability:

I am available to raid three to four times a week, the days are irrelevant.

Why Core Crew?

After moaning for countless house on Skype to Benib about not being able to find a guild who aren't pants-on-head retarded and would accept me with my current MoP experience he mentioned that I should at least try and apply to you guys. From what I've heard you are all very capable players than bring the right attitude to the raid. This is the kind of environment that I want to play in. The buzz that a first boss kill gives is unrivalled, and is a feeling that can be recreated over and over again with the right people. All I ask for in return is a little lenience with my lack of current tier experience and I promise you I will learn the fights in no time.

A little more about myself:

I'm currently an apprentice Machine Tool Maintenance Engineer, I hope to gain a degree in the electrical engineering field in the next few years. Aside from WoW I've played several games to a high level including MOHAA, CoD2 and CoD4 Promod, CSS and League of Legends. I also love any sport that includes a ball, engines or people getting their head kicked in, preferably all three at the same time.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my application and I hope I have made a good first impression. If you feel there is anything you would like to ask me I would be happy to answer questions either in this thread or over voice comms.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Nipsey.

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm Empty Re: Nipsey - Shadow Priest - XRealm

Post  Harry 7/1/2013, 08:47

Heya

I'm the current shadow priest in the guild so i guess i'm best at liberty to check you out,
haven't really read the logs yet but just wanted to ask you about your talent choices, do you keep those talents for every single fight or do you swap talents on a per fight basis?

While the talents you picked are the straightforward talents, they prove useless on some fights, or not so much useless as nowhere near as strong as some other talents.

Thanks
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  Benib 7/1/2013, 08:58

I met Huw through the game about 7 years ago and being roughly the same age, with similar interests and sense of humour we instantly clicked.

I've always rated him highly as a general player but in all honesty haven't raided in WoW with him for years. That said, back when we did play together I could've put money that himself and a few others along with myself would end up cutting away into the higher ranked guilds. Truthfully, Huw probably quit before he reached his peak.

As much as I would like to raid with an old friend again, aswell as bringing another tight real life tie to our raid group I'm fully aware it's a different game than it was all those years ago. Hence, I've asked him to put his logs together over the last few weeks to give us something to look over.

I'm also aware we currently have Harry and Spriests perhaps aren't in a position where it would make sense to stack them. But with the recent blows to the roster there has been discussion around the flexibility we have and perhaps Huw could be flexible himself if necessary.

Ultimately, if the logs or we don't fit then it won't work. But, if possible Huw would be a definite addition to the group.

Benib

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipsey 7/1/2013, 09:42

Thanks for the reply Lakita -

If I'm perfectly honest, in LFR I haven't been switching out talents on a fight by fight basis as it's not really the environment to do it.

However, I can see why Twist of Fate would be preferential to Divine Insight on a fight where it can have a lot of uptime or burning the boss/adds on a low% is crucial. I guess an example of this would be Elegon where ToF can proc off each add.

With regard to the choice between Mindbender and FDCL, I have tried both talents and have found that Mindbender is slightly stronger for single target DPS but I do prefer FDCL.

I'd just like to reinforce that the experience I have gained is from LFR where the fights aren't really at their full whack. I have done my research into talents, but I feel there is nothing better than first hand experience.

I hope that clears a few things up.

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry 7/1/2013, 10:56

It does thanks Smile
Mindbender is the best choice single target but it is VERY close to FDCL, it really shines if you can use it on cooldown without issues, or if you have alot of procs to really boost it's damage.
About to look through your logs now Smile
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry 7/1/2013, 11:04

Right, everything looks in order but it would be great if you could get a log where there's a solid single target fight, i recomend Feng, or Gara'jal if you make sure not to go into the spirit world can be an excellent fight to test dps
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipsey 7/1/2013, 11:19

Thanks Lakita, I should have a log up and available for you to look at by tomorrow evening.

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipsey 8/1/2013, 06:15

As requested, single target DPS logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2gkkqdx6p9rdkgn5/

I think the Feng one went pretty well, I could squeeze out some more % uptime on my DoTs if I'm being really picky.

Unfortunately Gara'jal started off really well until I somehow got aggro (dem LFR groopz) and ate shit.

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Harry 8/1/2013, 08:48

While having 100% Dot uptime is nice, sometimes something more important becomes available, like a DI proc, or MB becoming off CD, and sometimes DoT's drop off for that reason, but i guess they could've been a tad higher all the same.
DPS is good for the gear level, can't see much else wrong.
Seems pretty solid, but unfortunately, i'm not the decision maker! so i'll leave this with Livvy / Wit Very Happy
Harry
Harry

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipsey 8/1/2013, 08:51

Is it sad that I've been refreshing this thread all evening waiting for a reply?!

Thanks for the seal of approval Lakita, I appreciate that you've taken the time to look through my application and logs.

I look forward to further discussion and hopefully a decision!

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 9/1/2013, 23:49

lakita is a a nub, if he thinks you are good enough to bring you along for a trial and show us what you go for then it is his decison.

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Nipsey 10/1/2013, 00:36

I'll be transferring across now anyway, I think Kazzak provided better opportunities anyway. So I'll be around this evening and tomorrow evening if you have a free spot.

Nipsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Livvy 10/1/2013, 00:37

see you when you get here

Livvy
Admin

https://corecrew.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content